Greenheart Exchange’s Teach USA program connects enthusiastic, highly-qualified international teachers with U.S. host schools to promote cultural understanding and public diplomacy.
The purpose of the Teach USA program is to promote interaction and enhance mutual understanding between U.S. and international teachers. Participating teachers are placed in a K-12 host school for 1-3 years and teach a wide range of subjects. During this program, teachers can expect to sharpen their professional skills and take part in cross-cultural activities within their schools and local communities.
Greenheart Exchange provides two (2) program options:
- Self-Placed (SP): placements are arranged directly between the teacher and the host school, supplemented by Greenheart Exchange’s sponsorship. To confirm the host school is recognized as an accredited school in the US, please refer to the link below:
- Full Program (FP): placements are facilitated by Greenheart Exchange Teach USA, matching host schools with a qualified, experienced teacher.
All Teach USA applicants must:
- Meet the qualifications for teaching at the primary or secondary levels in schools in their country of nationality.
- Have a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. bachelor’s degree in Education or the academic subject field in which they intend to teach.
- Have a minimum of 2 years teaching or related professional experience.
- Satisfy the teaching eligibility standards of the U.S. state in which he or she will teach, including any required criminal background checks.
- Be of good reputation and character.
- Agree to come to the U.S. as a full-time teacher of record in an accredited primary (including pre-kindergarten) or secondary school.
- Be proficient in English. Teachers will be interviewed in English to assess verbal ability and comprehension.
- Be working as a teacher at the time of application.
Applicants NOT working as a teacher at the time of application must:
- Meet the qualifications for teaching at the primary or secondary levels in schools in his or her home country (including pre-kindergarten).
- Have at least two years of full-time teaching experience within the past eight years.
- Have completed an advanced degree (in Education or in the academic area he or she intends to teach) within 12 months of his or her application submission date for the program
- Have a completed Foreign Credential Evaluation (FCE) prior to interviewing with a Greenheart Exchange host school.
Greenheart Exchange partners with a third-party entity, offering discounted rates to our applicants. For more information, please contact the Teach USA team.
Check out some of our latest blog posts.