FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 3/5/2018
Vice President, International Exchange
Greenheart Exchange Announces New Teach USA Program
Greenheart Exchange Welcomes International Teachers to Work in the U.S. on Cultural Exchange Visa
Chicago, IL: Today Greenheart Exchange expands its programming to welcome teachers from all over the world to work in the United States. For over 30 years, the organization has been bringing international participants to the U.S. through both high school exchange and short-term work-based programs. In more recent years, the organization has also developed opportunities for English speakers to teach around the world.
Expanding their offerings to invite international teachers to the U.S. was a perfect fit. Similar to the other J-1 visa programs, the Teach USA program will be heavily regulated, monitored and supported by Greenheart Exchange and the U.S. Department of State.
- Must be a certified teacher with at least 2 years teaching experience
- Must go through a thorough application and interview process
- Participants receive a J-1 cultural exchange work visa, regulated by the U.S. Department of State
- Participants are placed in a K-12 school for 1-3 years
- The goal of the Teach USA Program is to place teachers in areas of need, and not displace American workers
- Most J-1 teachers instruct in science, math, core languages or special education – subjects that many schools around America struggle to fill with qualified teachers
The value of cultural exchange programs is immeasurable. Not only are participants themselves impacted, but also their hosts and communities. International programs like this are the grassroots efforts of cultural understanding and diplomacy, proving that one person can truly impact the world. Visit our website for more details- greenheartexchange.org
About Greenheart International: Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Greenheart International (www.greenheart.org) is an international nonprofit leader, annually working with over 90 countries and 12,000 community members, connecting people and planet to create global leaders through personal development, volunteer service, environmentalism, fair trade, and cultural exchange. This is achieved through the branches Greenheart Travel, Greenheart Shop, Greenheart Transforms, and Greenheart Exchange (formerly CCI Greenheart).