We all know that volunteering is a rewarding experience for everyone involved, but finding the perfect place to volunteer can be overwhelming. That is why we’ve put together a list of helpful tips to find your perfect volunteering activity!
Community involvement through volunteerism is an important part of who we are at Greenheart International as illustrated by the number of world travelers and alumni in our Greenheart Club. Volunteering brings people together from all walks of life and makes the world a better place. And it’s important to find a place where you feel comfortable, where your skills add value, and where the most help is needed. Take a look at our tips for finding your perfect volunteering activity and let us know what you find helpful.
1. Ask the people closest to you if they know of any volunteering opportunities in your community. Some great people to ask are:
2. Do a quick internet search. Do a little digging online and find out which organizations near you need volunteers. Search “volunteer near me” or “volunteer opportunities”.
3. If you are a member of Greenheart Club, check out the Helpful Volunteer Websites page. Many of these websites will help you find the right volunteer activity for you. You can also visit sites like RedCross.org, UnitedWay.org, VolunteerMatch.org.
4. Don’t get discouraged. If one organization doesn’t work out, there are always other groups and places that need your help.
5. Here’s a list of great places to inquire at for volunteering:
6. Your school may also have opportunities such as:
7. Stay positive and keep an open mind! As long as you keep looking, trying out opportunities, and asking around you will find an activity that is both rewarding to you–and to your community!